Duration: approx. 3 hours
- The sugar history & sugar process
- Tasting of various special sugars
- Its boutique
A long time ago sugar was considered one of the most valuable products in the world. Even more significance it had for Mauritius, which economy was wholly based on the sugar production. People died and killed for it, it was the only hope for a poor country. In the contemporary Mauritius, sugar is still important but not as it used to be. It is because of tourism Mauritius is getting better and supports the population.
Sugar Adventure tour offers an incredible excursion trough the history of the country. Well equipped museum located in an old sugar factory represents complete sugar production process. Children would love the place as it very informative and has a lot of interactive features.
The scenery of the setting, Beau Plan sugar estate, is breathtaking. Blossoming trees, emerald valleys and cute and cozy former factory make it look like a picture postcard.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance at the Sugar Museum
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Drinks & Beverages
- Russian, English, German & Chinese guide available on request
- Bookings need to be made at least 72 hours in advance
- Pick-up times vary depending on hotel location