Duration: approx. 1 and a half hours on the island + 20 mins boat transfer to/from island
Lunch at La Case du Pêcheur restaurant
Take the first boat at 09h30 to the island
Biscuit Factory is open from Mon-Fri (09h00 to 16h00)
This 26 hectares calcarenite islet is protected and has been declared nature reserve since 1965. It's forest is rich of ebonies and other endemic species of animals and plants threatened with extinction.
The Mauritian Wildlife Foundation (MWF) has been restoring this island since 1985.Many of the plants on the island are endemic i.e. they grow nowhere else in the world. This comprises mainly of the removal of invasive alien plant and animal species and replanting with nursery-grown native plants and reintroducing native fauna when appropriate.
The visitors will discover a flora and fauna in their natural environment. Ile Aux Aigrettes is a working laboratory for conservation of endemic species, enabling techniques to be developed in a controlled environment before being applied to other field stations around Mauritius and neighboring islets.
Nature lovers will enjoy this walk on Ile aux Aigrettes.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance at the Biscuiterie Rault – Cassava biscuit factory
- Trek on Ile aux Aigrettes, protected island because of endemic species
- Lunch at “La Case du Pêcheur” restaurant
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Drinks & Beverages
- Russian, English, German & Chinese guide available on request
- Bookings need to be made at least 72 hours in advance
- Pick-up times vary depending on hotel location
Call (230) 696 6000 to sign up for "Ile Aux Aigrettes & Unique Artisanal Cassava Biscuit Factory*" excursion